PWI Daily January 17, 2022
January 17. 2022
- Binance Holdings Ltd. agreed to study a digital asset exchange in Thailand with Gulf Energy Development PCL, owned by Thai billionaire Sarath Ratanavadi. Binance’s newest endeavor to institutionalize its worldwide operations is this cooperation.
- Unilever’s stock fell as much as 6.6 percent in London after it was revealed that the business plans to focus on health and hygiene and sell slow-growing brands as it explores a bigger bid for GlaxoSmithKline Plc’s consumer division. The consumer division of GlaxoSmithKline Plc increased by as much as 5.9%.
- Hitachi Ltd. declared that it had reached an agreement to sell half of its share in Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. for about 182.4 billion yen. Hitachi is expected to profit almost 77 billion dollars from the acquisition in the fiscal year that ends in March 2023.
- Exosite, a developer of IoT software, teamed up with ICP DAS to provide the “ExoWISE” solution. The new solution incorporates Exosite’s ExoSense remote condition monitoring application and Murano IIoT platform, both of which run on AWS infrastructure and have a native device connection from the ICP DAS WISE-5231 gateway.
- The United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA), gave preliminary approval to Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA (Glenmark) for Regadenoson Injection, 0.4 mg/5 mL (0.08 mg/mL) Single-Dose Pre-Filled Syringe, the generic version of Astellas US, Inc.’s Lexiscan 1 Injection, 0.4 mg/5 mL (0.08 mg/mL).
- The Stacks blockchain (STX), which aims to make Bitcoin (BTC) programmable, reached over 350 million daily API calls, 40,000 Hiro wallet downloads, and 2,500 Clarity intelligent contracts on its first anniversary. According to research by Electric Financing, these figures make Stacks the largest Bitcoin initiative, a venture capital firm focused on cryptocurrencies and fintech.
- Elliptic, a provider of on-chain blockchain analytics, has launched a market intelligence unit, a new line of business aimed at developing new concepts and use cases for crypto businesses using Elliptic’s best-in-class identity graph.
- AWS and TD SYNNEX have announced a new strategic collaboration arrangement. Independent software vendors (ISVs) and channel partners will have access to a greater number of cloud solutions due to the agreement. In addition, the SCA demonstrates a solid commitment to cloud technology, which allows partners to expand their product offerings and enter new markets.
- Bolt, a checkout technology firm, continues to acquire additional financing quickly. In the first round of its Series E fundraising, the business received $355 million. BlackRock funds and accounts are the lead investors in this round, with Schonfeld, Invus Opportunities, H.I.G. Growth, and CE Innovation Capital also participating.
- Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, Novo Holdings’ developmental investment arm, led a $150 million Series E funding round for Verana Health. The company is a digital health company that uses an exclusive real-world data network to deliver quality drug lifecycle, and medical practice insights.
PWI Daily January 14, 2022
PWI Daily January 13, 2022