PWI Daily January 11, 2022
January 11. 2022
- Il Makiage, a cosmetics company, backed by L Catterton, has secured $130 million in the capital at a $1.5 billion value. Franklin Templeton, Fidelity Investments, Thomas Tull, a tech angel investor, and venture capital company First Light Capital Group led the investment.
- Sequoia Capital and Paradigm Capital have made a $1.15 billion minority investment in Citadel Securities, a significant global market maker. The investment round was led by Sequoia, Sequoia Capital Global Equities, Sequoia Heritage, and the Global Growth Fund. In addition, a Sequoia partner named Alfred Lin will join the Citadel Securities Board of Directors.
- Fusion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: FUSN), a clinical-stage oncology company, signed a strategic research partnership with Pepscan Therapeutics B.V. (Pepscan). Fusion has the exclusive worldwide rights to develop and sell any peptide-based radiopharmaceuticals discovered in the collaboration to treat solid tumors.
- Intel Corp. has hired David Zinsner, the Chief Financial Officer of Micron Technology Inc., to replace the CFO position left vacant by George Davis’ retirement. After the news, Intel’s shares jumped 5.7% to $58.38 in late trading. On the other hand, Micron lost 3.1% of its value to $91.
- After obtaining $240 million in equity capital from a group of investors led by TPG, Thoma Bravo, and Goldman Sachs Group Inc.’s asset-management division, Project44 was valued at $2.4 billion. Project44 is a firm that assists the world’s top corporations to track shipments across the global supply chain.
- As part of a collaboration with American manufacturer Wabtec Corp., Rio Tinto Group, the world’s largest iron ore supplier, will begin running zero-emissions trains at its Pilbara mines in Australia in 2023. Rio said in October that it will invest $7.5 billion on decarbonization initiatives over the following ten years.
- Merck and Aligos Therapeutics have agreed to work on oligonucleotide therapies for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology firm that focuses on developing new drugs. The company focuses on the creation of new classes of chemicals for the treatment of diseases.
- Net Savings Link, Inc. (OTCMKTS:NSAV) collaborated with Metaverse Network LLC (MNC) to introduce a non-fungible token. Net Savings Link, Inc. (NASDAQ: NSAV) is a company that specializes in cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and digital asset technologies. The De-Fi-GameFi joint venture with Metaverse Network LLC will also go public in New York in Q1 2022, declared Net Savings Link, Inc. (OTCMKTS:NSAV).
- Nuvei Corporation, the worldwide payment technology partner of successful brands, announced its integration with Flow, a Web3 platform built for consumer-friendly blockchain applications. This is a significant step forward in NFT purchase and separate stablecoin transactions on the blockchain, allowing dapps built on Flow and powered by Nuvei to have a flawless checkout experience.
- Aptiv PLC (NYSE:APTV), an auto components manufacturer, agreed to pay TPG Capital $4.3 billion for software firm Wind River to take advantage of an increase in investment by automakers to digitize their vehicles.
PWI Daily January 10, 2022
PWI Daily January 7, 2022