PWI Daily January 10, 2022
January 11. 2022
- In addition to its WilliamsMarston portfolio business, Align Capital Partners has announced the acquisition of Bay Valuation Advisors, an accounting, tax, and valuation firm situated in Oakland, California.
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Company Ltd. (NYSE: BHVN) subsidiary Biohaven Therapeutics Ltd., and CD3 and LICR at KU Leuven signed an exclusive global license and research agreement to develop and bring the first in class TRPM3 antagonists to market for the treatment of chronic pain disorders.
- The National Medical Products Administration of China has approved CanSino Biologics Inc.’s ACYW135 Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine, making it the first of its kind to be approved in China. The clearance is a significant step forward in China’s meningococcal vaccination strategy’s development.
- TGS, a global energy data and information provider, announced a plan to explore the South Makassar and North East Java regions. This project includes the Agung-I and Agung-II blocks, part of the 2nd Indonesian License round in 2021. The first project deliverables will be available in Q2 2022. TGS’ 2D-cubed method creates a 3D seismic volume from a collection of 2D lines.
- Another indicator of the widespread expanding usage of digital assets is that TP ICAP, the world’s largest inter-dealer broker, has begun giving customers services in crypto-linked exchange-traded products (ETPs).
Idorsia, a Swiss pharmaceutical company, has acquired FDA clearance to treat insomnia in adult patients. The drug will be sold as Quviviq, approved in doses of 25 mg and 50 mg.
- On Monday, Shimao’s shares soared more than 20% after Chinese business publication Caixin reported that the ailing developer is selling all of its residential and commercial real estate projects. Default risks in China’s real estate market are expected to rise in the first quarter of this year, according to S&P Global, especially if the policy isn’t considerably relaxed.
- Pluristem Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: PSTI) and Tnuva Group, Israel’s largest food manufacturer, have announced a groundbreaking partnership to research, manufacture, and market cultured cell-based food products. Pluristem’s proprietary technology, intellectual property, and knowhow will be applied to the field of cultured meat.
SoftBank’s Vision Fund 2 led a $110 million Series D fundraising round for Labelbox, a data platform for enterprise machine learning applications.
- Pizza Hut and Beyond Meat, Inc. (NASDAQ: BYND) announced that plant-based Beyond Italian Sausage Crumbles would be available in all Pizza Hut Canada locations. Following a successful tryout in Toronto and Edmonton last summer, these new Pizza Hut menu items are returning due to popular demand.
- Cullinan Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: CGEM), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing a comprehensive portfolio of targeted cancer medicines, established a partnership with Mount Sinai’s Icahn School of Medicine. This partnership will aim to optimize and produce oral protein degraders that target hematopoietic progenitor kinase 1 (HPK1), a crucial regulator of inflammatory cells activation and a high-priority target in cancer treatment.
PWI Daily January 7, 2022
PWI Daily January 6, 2022